Applications are invited for the position of General Secretary of Queensland Churches Together (QCT).
The General Secretary is the executive officer of Queensland Churches Together and is directly accountable to General Meetings of QCT through the Executive and functions within the Constitution of QCT. Information on QCT is available at www.qct.org.au
The successful applicant will be:
- a committed church member, ordained or lay, of one of the member churches of QCT
- theologically qualified with a demonstrated commitment to ecumenism
- Competent in relation to administrative ability and organisational skills
The position description provides full details of the role, however, some of the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Implementing QCT policy and programs.
- Encouraging and nurturing working relationships between QCT and its member churches, its commissions/working groups/interfaith forum, other churches, other relevant bodies and other faiths.
- Assisting in the establishment and/or support of state-wide or regional ecumenical networks.
- Develop and facilitate the Organisational Strategic Plan.
- Maintenance of the effective running of the office of Queensland Churches Together, including leading and directing employees of QCT.
- Financial oversight and preparation of the QCT budgets in consultation with the Treasurer.
The terms of appointment are for an initial three years with possibility of extension of up to three-year periods after review.
How do I apply for this position?
Applications must include:
A copy of your resume
A statement addressing the selection criteria listed in the Position Description under Preferred qualifications/Experience and Personal Attributes and Qualities
For further information including the Position Description, please telephone
Application will be accepted by email or ordinary mail to:
Queensland Churches Together
PO Box 2096
Toowong Q 4066
Applications close 24th February 2020
Position description available here