QCT aims to encourage and enable Members to:
- Pray together and share their faith, and to find ways to worship together, while respecting each Church's disciplines, doctrines and traditions;
- Foster Christian unity through dialogue;
- Develop a deeper understanding of evangelism/evangelisation in Australia's cultural context;
- Give prophetic leadership to each other and the community by:
- Speaking out on behalf of oppressed people;
- Promoting reconciliation and healing between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people;
- Responding to human need and acting on issues of justice, peace and creation;
- Dialogue with people of other faiths and ideologies in order to further mutual understanding and strive jointly for peace.
To learn about how QCT translates these aims into action, see the What We Do section.